Thursday, September 23, 2010

Parents visiting for the first time

So since moving back to California from Hawaii we have had numerous visitors to our new house and I have enjoyed every bit of the company, laughs, adventures and memories that they brought with them and stored within our four walls. I always thought that a house is not a home without memories of family being in it. So I thank all that have visited already for begining the process to make our new house, "our home". Anyhow my parents are finally making the drive from SOCAL to NORCAL, about a 380 mile trek to come and see our new house and to further the process of making it our home. If you know what my mother drives you know that this 380 mile trek can be an eventful one in the VW Bus. I hope that all goes well and they arrive within a reasonable amount of time. Mostly I am excited because while living around the country I have not been blessed with very many visits from my parents and have mainly made the trek to go and see them (just so hard to travel so much). I have missed birthdays, anniversaries, deaths, family gatherings and mostly the warmth that only your parents can bring to you. This visit from them represents the reality that we are finally close enough to just make a weekend trip to see one another. It has been quite sometime, almost 10 years since I have been able to say that. So with that said I can't wait to welcome them into my front door when they arrive in the wee hours of the morning and say "Welcome to our home!"

1 comment:

  1. I know! I'm so excited too! I believe this is a very special home for us :)

    ReplyDelete