Monday, September 27, 2010

Operation Farnady Fortress Complete & How he felt!!!

Ahhhh!!! So a very busy weekend in the books with a nice relaxing Sunday. I took Friday off from work so that I could hang with the parents after their 8 hour trek up from SO CAL. I stayed awake until their arrival at 2:45 am early Friday morning and then hit the sheets for a couple hours until it was wake up time for the kiddies.
Mom and Dad woke up around 8:30 and Dad and I started tearing into the side fence that would need to be removed before we brought the swing set over.

Easy cheesy did not take long at all (it was not put together very well)

After that I went into the garage and hung our Sky Chairs that we purchased in Maui. Then it was a nice relaxing afternoon spent talking together and catching up.

Sarah and Mom enjoyed the sky chairs the most I think.

Saturday morning came and we went and picked up the Uhaul for the big swing set move. We arrived at Uncle Mike's at about 10:00 and began the deconstruction of what will now be referred to as the Farnady Fortress. Dad, Mike and I worked pretty hard with minimal rest/breaks and finished taking it down and had it loaded in the truck at around 1:30 wow was it heavy. Good thing I have all these huge muscles LOL. Quick drive to my place and then we realized that the size and weight of the Farnady Fortress would require us to do some more deconstruction to get it through the torn down fence. Quick trip to drop the Uhaul off and then it was back to my place. Now when we got it into the back yard it was about 4:00 and we were now feeling very tired. A little talking and we decided we were done for the day............ or so we thought, after a nice break we rallied the troops and began construction. 

After the first large section went up Noah said "WHOOOOAAAA" and wiggled like a happy puppy.

Just as I had thought, he had no Idea as to how big the Farnady Fortress would be, I think that his reaction gave us a little more motivation to complete the job so that he could use the swings that night. So we did, completing the main structure at about 7:00 leaving only the slide and some safety railing for Noah and I to complete the next day. 

Done for the day! Thanks Jason, Dad, Uncle Mike for all your help. 

During all of this I was also BBQing some finger licking good ribs complete with home made BBQ sauce and Sarah was cooking up some great sides so that we could feed the masses after a hard days work. We all sat around and had a great family dinner on the patio talking of old times, new times and things to come. It was great having so much of my family over at one time.


There was no food left

Sunday Noah and I completed the assembly of the Farnady Fortress, adding the safety railing and slide. Noah was a big help I could not have done it without him. Then Sarah, Noah, Scarlett and I had a great time playing around.

Noah continuously had that heart melting smile on his face and repeated over and over again how happy and thankful he was that Uncle Mike gave us the Farnady Fortress and that we all took the time to put it together for him and Scarlett. The epic adventures have begun for Noah and his friends dubbing the decks Fort T-Rex and adding spy gear to the top deck. 

What a wonderful family filled weekend.... This is what life is supposed to be like. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that it is called the Farnady Fortress! That will be my title for my scrapbook page.. You guys worked so hard and I was really surprised also that you kept working and put it back together to... So happy that we were there to be a part of this. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete